- September is the most popular month for weddings; June is second. 20% of couples get engaged in December.
- The average age of a bride is 27 and the groom is 29.
- An average guest count is 140 and the length of engagement is fourteen months.
- Blue, purple, and green are the biggest wedding colors.
- 69% of couples had there own personal wedding website. 59% of brides used Pinterest to generate and organize wedding ideas.
- The average cost of an American wedding is $27,000. New York City boasted the largest average cost of more than $65k, and Chicago was second at $53k per wedding.
- Venue accounts for approximately 50% of a wedding’s budget.
- The average cost of a bridal gown is $1355, and bridesmaids’ dresses average $145.
- In this economy--exporting may be the way to expand your products.
Have a great week, and do a little of your own research on wedding trends. It can only help propel you forward. As I always say, “Knowledge plus implementation equals power.”
P.S. Join us at the BRIDAL BUSINESS ACADEMY in Santa Monica on December 4 or get more information on the EASTERN SEABOARD Academy next May!