We hear over and over again how wedding business organizations need to make more sales and are struggling to keep up as the technology and marketing techniques are changing. How do you stay on top of your marketing outreach?
Many ask ‘what’s the best way to close a sale,’ before they even know what the ‘game plan’ is. In the wedding business many ‘voice’ how they get overwhelmed with all the changes and feel that the ‘sales industry’ has changed. They want to confirm that they are on the edge of the changes.’
Comments & Questions we hear at Evans Sales Solutions:
- “Am I doing the right thing in my marketing to the bride?
- “The new technology comes faster than I can keep up.”
- “The amount of change taking place, especially on Facebook. You think you have a system down and then they update the pages and we have to teach everyone all over again.”
- “How do I close the sale when talking to a bride?”
Even if a wedding business dedicates itself to understanding something in the ‘Social Media Marketing’ area, (say the new Google+ platform,) before they know it, it does a major upgrade and much of their hard won knowledge becomes obsolete! So, do you think that when it changes all the time…does the end result (A SALE) change too?
As wedding business and sales experts, we feel that the consumer is just increasingly savvy, in the technology area—so that you have to stay in the game in multiple ways. Consumers (brides to be) are not just more tech smart, but they also expect more and they want it quickly. We also feel that another thing the internet has done-is broken down the pricing barriers and everyone has your (and your competitors) pricing in the palm of their hands.
What can you do about it?
First, we will have to get over it. Constant, relentless change is now a fact of life. We are going to have to adapt to it because the world won’t adapt to us and our needs. We will need to embrace this constant change and turn it to our advantage.
What do I mean? How do we do this?
I mean embrace continual learning and do it at a higher level than you may have planned. This means listening to CD’s or podcasts (audio recordings) as you drive or work out. It means watching less TV in favor of reading a book each week on marketing, sales or another type of business help. It means watching webinars and going to seminars on a more regular basis. It means following your favorite wedding business blogs each and every day so that you can keep up with, or even get ahead, of your competition. It means watching YouTube videos about things you don’t understand, but know you need to.
We believe that you can actually turn this whole thing to your advantage! The vast majority of people are not self-starters. By taking the bull by the horns here, and determining that you aren’t going to sit by idly as the wedding industry changes, you actually become much more valuable to your client, as you become the expert! Many will fail to adapt and become less relevant, are you going to be one that suceeds ?
There are multiple things you can do today…… (and some are COMPLIMENTARY!!) click for more information!
- Hook into the FREE ‘Business Coaching Phone Calls’ on Thursdays @ 10 AM with ‘Wedding Business Expert-Chris Evans.
- Watch for the new ‘Bridal Business Boot Camp WEBINARS’ that you can participate in your own office!
- Get the FREE book ‘Discover your strengths and rise to the challenge!’ (Send an email request today!)
- FREE Social Media Marketing Consultation –just set up a (20 minute visit today!)