Regardless, of what you’ve heard, co-marketing is just a form of relationship marketing, that can be used in many ways.
Co-Marketing vs. Co-Branding
Companies have been co-branding for years. Nike partnered up with Apple to create the ultimate work-out and music experience. Hershey's partnered with Betty Crocker to create the chocolateiest brownie ever. These two companies combined their products together to create an even more valuable product.
Co-marketing is slightly different -- it's the opportunity for two brands to work together on promotional efforts with a co-branded offer. In a co-marketing partnership, both companies promote a piece of content or a product, and share results of that promotion with each other.
Why would you want to do this type of marketing? First of all, your marketing efforts are doubled! Think about all the benefits you get from promoting a piece of content or a new product or event. Now think about all the benefits you would get if two companies promoted it through all the levels of connections that everyone has. (Wedding Marketers reach outside the box!) The bonus is through co-marketing, you're able to reach a brand new audience, one you may not have been able to connect and engage with on your own.
Take this example into consideration. You're a ‘Wedding Jewelry Company’ in Los Angeles. You’ve created beautiful videos that showcase your beautiful pieces and you promote them to brides online in the hopes they'll start following you on social media, subscribe to your blog, that type of thing.
You know of a company, also in Los Angeles, that is a ‘wedding coordinator,’ wouldn’t it be interesting if you made a video together, talking about designing weddings, and potentially showing bridal jewelry on brides that the coordinator was working with? You both get together and create a video, talking about ‘your love of weddings,’ and how the bride would benefit from both of you. Both companies promote this video to their channels, both of which have different audiences. After, you notice a bump in your social reach because a whole new audience has gained access to your brand from these videos and their promotion from your co-marketing partner ... and that partner sees the same success. Isn’t that wonderful ?
Let’s take it a step further…. how about an event that showcases you, the wedding industry professional to the wedding planners?
The Bridal & Event Professionals Academy (BEPA) & Networking Mixer allows you to meet quality wedding planners in a setting that encourages face-to-face interaction with individuals who can book and refer your service to high-end weddings!
- The BEPA is being held in prestigious locations across the country. Reserve your table-top display today and start building relationships with the nations best wedding planners. Each event starts with an complimentary afternoon of training for local wedding planners and ends with a mixer where everyone has fun.
- 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm - The Bridal & Event Professionals Academy Training - Featuring Chris Evans as well as other wedding industry speakers to train wedding planners in the latest sales techniques.
- 3:30 to 4:30 pm - Round Table Discussions. Participants have their choice of joining 10 Wedding Industry leaders for intense Q and A and training. Each participant gets to pick 4 tables to visit during the hour.
- 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm - The BEPA Networking Mixer - Wedding Planners will have an opportunity to relax and enjoy appetizers and drinks as they meet with a select group of local wedding professionals who want to form a referral relationship with them. This is your opportunity to build relationships with local wedding planners.
Locations of the BEPA Event: (click on location)
- Los Angeles: September 23, 2013 -Dorothy Chandler Pavillion
Palo Alto/San Francisco: September 25, 2013 -Crowne Plaza Palo Alto
- Boston: October 14, 2013 -Conners Center
- Phildelphia- October 16, 2013 -TBD
- Atlanta: October 21, 2013 -Andrews Event Center
- Orlando: October 23,2013 -Lakeside Resort
- Houston: October 26, 2013 -Norris Center Houston
- Fort Worth: November 4, 2013 -Norris Center Fort Worth
- Denver: November 8, 2013 -TBD
- Fort Lauderdale: November 13, 2013 -Westin Fort Lauderdale
Evans Sales Solutions, is the connection between the wedding business -- to grow that business! We offer wedding business training & education, networking and more! For more information, please go to: 'BEPA-Academy' or 'Evans Sales Solutions' for more information!